USA: 619 314 0814 UK: 020 3287 5145 SKYPE: fitpreneurs

David’s Heroic Studio Leaps To $50k in 12 Weeks – The Kickass Live Show, Ep.27.

In this episode you’ll learn about David from florida who was going to close his fitness studio, but in 12 weeks he turned everything around.

To apply http://www.fitpreneurs.com/breakthrough


Simon Lovell: Hey, guys. Welcome to this episode of “Kickass,” I love these episodes because, in this one, we’re going to be talking about Fitpreneurs who are kicking ass.

As always, check out the show over at fitpreneurs.com/kickass. Also, if you’re listening over on iTunes, then please do give a review. Also, you can check it out on SoundCloud and also the blog. All the episodes go up every single day during the week.

I’m super excited today to be welcoming to the Kickass show, Mr. David Ortiz. Welcome. David is joined by many different animals today. Who have you got with you, David?

David Ortiz: I got my little rescue pit Bonnie. Honeybee’s over there sulking in the corner because she’s not getting enough attention. I have Delilah over there at the corner. I have three dogs here in this house, and I have one with my girlfriend. I’m a very avid dog lover.

Part of the awesome things that happen with this program is I was able to get these dogs from terrible situations because I was able to afford the means to do so.

Simon: Nice. I’m super excited for studio owners to be watching this because you were in a position in your business where things, one, going as you wanted them to and, in 12 weeks, you generated $50,000 in your business. Now you’ve got this whole new mission.

This video is entitled “Taking Your Hero Business and Your Hero Studio to $50K.” I want to wind back to why you started this business in the first place, then what happened when you found yourself on that call with me, and really the struggle that you had. Then we’ll talk about the amazing things that have happened since.

So why don’t we wind back to where it all started for you? Then we’ll move along from there.

David: Initially I became a personal trainer because I wanted to help people in the geek community become fit. My biggest inspiration was Spiderman. I wanted to look like him. When I finally decided to get into the Spiderman suit, I started working out, and people started inquiring about how they could do it. This led me to really think about the fact that I could be helping people get in shape.

I decided to start pursuing fitness. Fast forward a few years later, I became a personal trainer. I started working for a company, but I started realizing that my skill set was far above the person who had employed me. I was getting paid a lot less that what I deserved. That coupled with the fact that I had always wanted to open my gym.

When I became a personal trainer, I saw what a gym looks like. I’m like, “Dude, I can do this. I want to do this.” You know a hero has to have their own headquarters, and they have to have a base of operations. It just didn’t feel comfortable working for somebody else. I always wanted to be an entrepreneur.

When my grandmother died of cancer, it really taught me that the worst pain that anyone can really experience, the absolute worst pain, is death because that is one thing that is irreversible. Everything else I could overcome. That was my first epiphany that I can that started leading me to the path to get a gym.

A little less than a year later, I found an investor, and I opened up my own gym. I had a lot of clients that said they were going to come with me. But when the gym finally opened, it turned out that only a quarter of those clients came with me, and I was in a financial rut because I had no idea how to properly market.

I figured word of mouth would be the best way to do it, and then kind of getting out there and started talking to people about it. It wasn’t really generating the income or the business rather, that I needed. What ended up happening is I started paying out of pocket to keep the gym running because I would barely make enough to cover the rent some months.

Other months, it was just not enough. I was losing money. I was bleeding money. I didn’t have enough for the gym rent let alone my house rent. It gave me a lot of anxiety, and it was a time full of despair for me in a sense because I felt like I woke up every day unable to breathe, like I was drowning, but I knew I had to do something.

Actually, one of our mutual friends, Antonio, who had come to my gym to paint a mural, I had to tell someone. I’m like, “Dude.” He’s like, “How’s the gym going?” I’m like, “You know what? Not so good, man. Here’s why. Financially we’re doing crappy, dude.”

He’s like, “You know I work with Simon, and I know that he makes a business to take people like you and make them successful. He’s got a lot of success stories. He’s got a lot of clients who have definitely profited from this venture. You should just check him out.”

I had heard about you from him. I was like, “You know, let me try to do this on my own. I think we can do this.” But as I started sinking lower and deeper and deeper into the muck, I’m like, “You know what? I’m already pretty much at rock bottom. I have to talk to someone that’s going to help me get through this or at least give me some clarity as to what I need to do.”

When I finally ended up talking to you, you had this confidence about you. Every word that you said, you knew. You had intent behind it. It had purpose. That was really empowering because, as a coach myself, I know what it means to have someone empower you.

Seeing your capability of what you’re able to do that you yourself cannot see, somebody from the outside looking in saying, “This is what’s going on in reality,” not what’s going on in your head. I told you about my situation. You asked me about the square footage in my gym. You started taking notes, which I thought was…

[crosstalk]

Simon: Just to let people know what your square footage is and where you are, where you’re based.

David: Right now, I’m in Little River in South Florida. That’s an area that’s just north of Wildwood in the Miami area. The new up and coming hip area is being developed. A lot of new businesses are moving in there, so the rent’s not really cheap. But it has a lot of potential because right now we’re in there early.

I have 2,000 square feet in my gym. It’s divided into an L-shaped sort of facility where the main strip, it’s 1,250 square feet. That’s all gym equipment. We have the standard gym bodybuilding, weightlifting, whatever. Then I have what I like to call the danger room based from the X-Men and their training area. We have battle ropes, boxing bags. We have all the cardio equipment there. We have kettlebells.

My whole philosophy was fitness is an all-around thing, like superheroes, they’re not weightlifting. They need to be functional, etc. The whole thing with my gym, it’s a superhero-based gym. It’s called Heroically Fit because that’s what got me started, and I know that a lot of people have superheroes that they look up to, especially now with all the new Marvel and DC movies coming out and all the shows.

It’s becoming a new age of people accepting their inner geek. I wanted to help correlate that with how people can become empowered. Once I told you about that, you said, “OK, realistically, what do you want to make this month? Give me a number. What would you…”

Simon: What were you generating at the time that we had the call?

David: When you asked me that question, in my mind, I was like, “Dude, I’m making like anywhere from $2,000 to $3,000 a month.” My rent alone is about $4,100, plus utilities, we’re looking at $4,300, $4,500, in that range. I was already way under where I needed to be.

In my mind, I’m like, “I think to be able to breathe, realistically I would want to have $10,000,” which is over triple of what I was making at that point. When I told you that, you just scoffed, like, “Don’t worry. That’s like the bare minimum you’ll make. You can make way more than that. If you wanted to make $20,000, make that and if you wanted to make even more than that.”

When you said that, the way you delivered that line, it was basically like I was looking up to someone and they’re like, “Dude, it’s set in stone. Don’t worry. It’s going to happen. It’s already basically happened. You just have to take action.”

That empowered me so much because, deep down inside, in my heart, I know and I knew back then that I could be better, that I could be more, but something was holding me back. I had no idea what that was, but you had just lifted that fear like it was nothing.

I think that was the best part about it because, to be honest, it’s like for the first time it felt like you took me from underwater and just raised me above the surface and said, “Here, breathe. All right, it’s going to be OK.” That’s what got me super invested into this.

When you said, “OK, here’s the investment,” for a split second, as it is with anyone, it’s a knee-jerk reaction when you hear money’s involved, you’re like, “Ho!” especially when you’re already pretty much under. But I believed in this program. I believed in your words, and just your energy was fucking fantastic. Excuse my language.

Then I said, “You know what? I’m going to do it because without risk, there is no reward. That’s how I run my entire life, and it’s led me up to this point. So why should this be any different?” If I’m willing to make that leap, I know it’s going to work.

I took out a loan. I went even deeper in debt, but I had to have faith. I had to trust in the outcome because it was already going to happen. I already have that belief deep down inside. A lot of that was me and then you helped solidify that.

Fast forward to the end of the month and I had make $15,000, which was unfathomable. I’m like, “Dude, I’ve been doing this for years!” Before, when I was working for somebody else, I barely made $35,000, $40,000 a year. Then here I was bleeding money, barely making $2,000 to $3,000 keeping my rent.

All of a sudden, it’s like the money just came. But more importantly was the freedom of finally being able to see past that wall that was in front of me to reach greater heights. Now I had my eyes set on doing bigger things.

Simon: What do you think would have happened if you had carried on going on your own?

David: To be honest, it was something that I had considered. I was considering closing up shop and then just taking a step back, going to work in another gym in the meantime.

It was a bad, bad place to be because I’ve never ever taken a step back and gone back to my past self. I’ve always thought about moving forward.

If I hadn’t had this program and your guidance, Sophie, Valerie, and all the members involved and this community, I would have been at a loss. I think it would have gone against everything that I believe in, but I would have had to just take a step back and say, “Dude, I got to stop.”

Simon: I want to bring up this topic here. You’ve talked about this a little bit which you talk about a number of things. I know that people are going to be watching this going, “OK, that’s fair enough. I’ve got a 1,500-square foot,” or, “I’ve got a 3,000-square foot studio. I’m in a similar position right now. What is it that got you to do $50,000 in 12 weeks and go from 2K a month to 15K really, really quickly?”

Was it one thing for you? Was it a combination of things? How people see from their side right now who are struggling, going, “Listen, I’m scared. I want to do something, but I want to get to where you’ve gotten to.” What would you say to them being in the place that you were maybe watching this and observing this type of video?

David: I strongly believe that anyone who invests their money into a facility for fitness is looking to serve people in this sense. But at the end of the day, we all have to pay bills. The survival instinct in us, at least in me, kicked in first before anything else. It’s like, “I have to make money so I can pay rent. I have to make money so I can do this, A, B, and C.”

What happened when I came into this program was the most important thing, and it’s something that we kind of hammer away at every call and every meeting that we have, is mindset. More importantly, a mindset shift where it was, my mindset was making money, surviving and trying to figure out how to best sell these programs to people with that in mind. To selling the program…

Don’t get me wrong. We’re still selling packages but with the mindset of serving them. How can we best help someone? She agrees, Delilah here. How can we best serve people so that we can make the world a better place in this? When we do something good for someone else, the universe just gives back. For a lot of people, this might sound like hocus-pocus, but I’ll give you a quick story.

As with anything, every success has its ups and downs. It’s not just a straight line from point A to point B. It’s something that you tell us all the time. Anyone who goes down that route will know that you’re going to have your success, you’re going to have your failures, but you got to keep moving.

Recently I had some unexpected financial issues that came up with the gym and the city, which we got sorted out. But I was freaking out about the finance for like a week! During that time that I was freaking out, I had no one new come in. I had no one apply, nothing.

One day, which was two days ago, I literally just woke up and said, “You know what? Screw the finances. Screw the money. I don’t even care. I just want to know how I can help people. I really genuinely want to help someone today because that’s just an advancement of myself there in helping others.”

I took a nap mid-day. I had a dream. As magical and mystical as it sounds, I had a dream that I was going to sell a package for $2,800 to a male individual. It was almost like I lived through it.

When I woke up, I called a person that had just applied during that time that I was sleeping. I called them up and we talked. Here’s the thing. He said to me, “I have no money for you. I cannot afford your training. I’m sure it’s expensive. Can you tell me what the prices are? I really don’t want to waste your time and mind.”

I just told him, “Dude, you know what? Why don’t you just come in? I feel either way, I’ll be able to help you and at least I’ll give you a viewpoint into where you are now and where you need to get to. At the very least, I will be able to give you that. Don’t worry about the money right now. Don’t worry about anything. That’s off to the side. I literally just want to help you.”

He came in, after I did a transformation session, which is a program that you’d come up with and it’s a set of steps that we can take, more like guidelines really. Once I did my transformation session with him, I just sat down and started talking to him.

We kind of lost track of time all together. We’re just having fun, talking about life and what he does at work, how he lost his weight initially. At the end of the day, I sold $3,800, so a thousand dollars more than my dream would have said and just more than I’ve ever sold in a package. I was flabbergasted. I was super excited.

I was just in a good energy because it’s like the moment I stopped caring about the money, it just started coming. It’s like, for guys, when you chase women, they never come. But when you start focusing on yourself and how you can make yourself better, the women start coming. The same thing with girls too.

It’s similar to that. When you chase money too aggressively and you lose sight of what your vision is, then I feel like you just create roadblocks for yourself. That is what I’ve learned in this program is that it’s not about the money. The money will come if you become the best version of yourself.

Simon: All of that’s fantastic. I think earlier we were talking about how far you’ve come and now the next step for you. Talk about where you’re trying to go because I know that a lot of people are segueing into being the owner versus the operator. What is your vision now for the next 12 months in where you want to get to?

David: Having done all this, my vision for my company has become clearer. I always knew that I wanted to build a sort of empire so that I could serve people better, but I didn’t know how or why.

Now that I know that the finances are going to be taken care of and that I’m going to be able to serve people better, that I’m able to connect with them better, my goal as of three days ago is that I want to generate in the next year $400,000 just to give me extra financial freedom and extra wiggle room to have a whole team in my gym of trainers to take care of the gym so that I can remove myself from that environment.

As much as I love doing personal training and even semi-private group training or whatever, I feel like I can offer the world more by going to work with organizations. One of the organizations that I want to work with is Lighthouse for the Blind, specifically the part of the organization that works with the kids, children who live in poor areas and can’t afford eye care. They work with them.

I have a strong affinity towards kids because my niece and nephew are a huge part of why I decided to personify a superhero because they always see me as that. I love kids because they have so much potential, and they are the future. I want to target that area which has largely been left alone as far as fitness goes. It’s all about educating the future.

I want to work with recovering drug addicts and alcoholics because my girlfriend is a pharmacist. She works at a recovery clinic. My mentor is a psychologist. He’s works at a recovery clinic.

When I heard about all these things that they have to go through and how, even when they help people, sometimes they end up relapsing anyway, I know that taking care of your organism is one of the best ways to really empower yourself and make you feel better. If I can somehow bring nutrition and fitness into that, I would love it! Funny enough, after we had that conversation, my mentor called me.

He said, “Listen, there’s going to be a new opportunity opening up. They’re looking for a nutritionist for the hospital. Would you be interested in it? I don’t know how much they’re going to pay you, but you can go in there an hour every couple of days and talk to these people and teach how to become better because god knows they don’t take care of themselves,” is what he said.

I said to him, “Honestly I don’t care how much they pay me. I think this is such an incredible opportunity as scary as it seems because I’ve never dealt with a group of people that desperately need help like that. I’ve dealt with individuals who need to change their life but never someone who is struggling with a life and death situation on a constant day to day basis.”

Thanks to this program, I learned that these are the kind of opportunities that come along that you cannot pass up. It doesn’t matter how scared you are. It doesn’t matter how inadequate you feel. It doesn’t matter how unqualified you feel you are. They come to you or, for example, me because it’s meant to be. If you can take that and run with it, you can achieve even greater things in the future.

This is all coming to me because I’ve changed my mindset. My mentor would never have asked me to do this a year ago or even three months ago because of the way that I was viewing the world was so finite and it wasn’t geared towards helping people primarily. That wasn’t my number one thing.

Simon: Do you think that just a business program would have helped you as much? What’s your beliefs now around mindset, self-development, and your business growing?

David: At first when a friend of mine told me about the program, as with anybody, when you hire a personal trainer…

[dogs barking]

David: Sorry, they were fighting over here. They like to scuffle when I’m busy apparently. As with anyone looking to hire a personal trainer, you don’t just want someone who’s going to tell you, “This is the exercise you got to do, and, here, let me just count reps for you, etc.”

You want someone who’s going to genuinely be there with you, encouraging you, telling you how to get over your humps, really looking deep into your psyche and saying, “You know what? I feel like you’re not progressing, and let’s work on why.”

This is where this program, the Fitpreneurs, shines because it wasn’t just a business program where I would go and sit in a classroom and learn. I can go to college for that. It’s part of the reason I dropped out because I wasn’t genuinely learning anything in college that I cared about. I felt like the teachers were just drones. They never genuinely cared about the students. I get it because it’s a huge class, etc.

There’s something to be said about the Fitpreneurs when we are each having issues and we bring it up in a call and then the whole group joins in and says, “Listen, it’s going to be OK,” or, “I’ve gone through the same thing. This is how we circumvented that. This is how we overcame those obstacles, and we’re here for you 24/7.”

We have that support, that family, that community, and there is very real love between the members. I love it! I love going into these calls. I love talking to the other members outside of the calls, etc. just because we are like-minded individuals.

We all want to change the world. We all want to leave our legacy. This goes far beyond just you have to do A, B, and C and make the sale. This is more about you have to go through everything here, you have to be able to calibrate, and you have to connect with people. Then everything will come together into what you want it to be.

Whatever your vision is, it will come true. That’s it. I think it’s just that nurturing of the Fitpreneurs that really made it for me.

Simon: Thank you, David. That’s an amazing story, and I loved the superhero theme. I love the fact that you’ve got the dogs. I love the fact that now you’re able to transition into now the platinum mastermind and be able to move the business to the next level.

Guys, if you’re watching this and you want to take the step that David took, then click the link below. There’ll be an application that you can fill out to help grow your studio and really change more lives.

David, what would you say about taking that first step? Because sometimes it could be scary to just reach out, right? Did you have any reservations at all or thoughts that held you back? Or did you just move forward?

David: I did have my doubts at first before I took the step which was what led me to not contact you until I was really deep in the crapper. It was like if it costs money, it might not pan out. I might be deeper in debt. There’s no guarantee.

Simon: Which is just mindset in itself.

David: Yeah, it is a mindset. It was basically like I was setting myself up for failure before I had even tried. I didn’t even give you the chance to talk to you.

It was scary, but that’s part of it. Sometimes when something is really scary, actually a lot of the times when I feel like in my life when something scares the crap out of me, I have to tackle it with everything I got. Every time I’ve done it, when it’s my instinct that says, “You know what? Fight this, move forward, and get over it,” I’ve succeeded massively.

This was one of those decisions that I made that was terrifying, but once I made the decision, it wasn’t scary anymore. It was like when you finally take that leap of faith. I don’t know. If you jump out of a plane if anyone’s done that or etc.

Simon: It’s surrender, complete surrender, surrender to the process just like someone would surrender to the process and come and work with you and trust in you to help them get fit and healthy.

David: Precisely. Then you just have to trust. You to have to trust more than trust in the program. You have to trust in yourself the way that you trusted yourself up until now that’s brought to this point. That’s something that was huge. It’s just believing in what’s inside. You guys really help bring that out every time.

Simon: Awesome. Guys, head to fitpreneurs.com/breakthrough and apply and watch the video on there and apply for the conversation with myself or one of the team.

We’ll find out where you are, where you want to be, and specifically what it is for you that needs to change. Maybe it is leads. Maybe it is mindset. Maybe it’s the leverage in your business. Until we have that conversation, until you make that first step, we need to uncover specifically and give you clarity, which is really key.

David, thank you so much and also to the dogs. They mostly entertain me as well. I [inaudible 25:46] to seeing you here soon in San Diego at the Ranch. Any parting words or advice for anyone watching?

David: Just tackle your fears. Tackle your fears. I know that life is inherently hard, and we just have to find a way to keep moving forward. As long as we do that, as long as we keep moving forward, whether it’s on our own or seeking help and advice from other, then we will always succeed in what we’re trying to accomplish. There is no doubt. It’s all about just keep moving and never stop.

Simon: Good stuff. All right, guys. I’ll see on another episode of “Fitpreneurs Kicking Ass.” I’ll see you very soon. Take it easy.

Hey Fitpreneur, thanks for watching this video! We’d love for you to learn more about what we are doing at Fitpreneurs to change the industry…

http://www.fitpreneurs.com – The Site
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/facebookgroup – Free Group
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/university – Free Video Series
http://fitpreneurs.com/encyclopedia – The Book
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/testimonials – Client Results
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/coaching – Elite Coaching

download

Secrets Of Next Level Personal Trainers…

We help shift and push you as a business owner so you can be the best possible leader for your clients. Download the ultimate guide.

Download Now

Keith Doubles His Fitness Studio in Ireland – The Kickass Live Show, Ep.21.

In today’s episode of The Kick Ass Show I’m talking to Keith, another Fitpreneur Kicking Ass, about how he transformed his life and business running a Fitness studio in Ireland.


Simon Lovell: Hey guys, it’s Simon from Fitpreneurs, and welcome to a special edition of the Kick Ass Show. This is Fitpreneurs kicking ass. As always, it’s so great to have you here over on Facebook, facebook.com/Fitpreneurs if you want to check out the live feed.

The daily show is throughout the week is always here the Kick Ass Show. Also, we are on iTunes, the Fitpreneurs podcast. Also on Soundcloud. This show also gets distributed to the blog, Fitpreneurs.com/blog, and also over to YouTube. If you want to get access to the playlist with all of the previous episodes, head to Fitpreneurs.com/kickass.

Now, one thing I love to do is have great conversations and connect. I think that so many people spend so much time in disconnection. I love to have great conversations.

A fantastic conversation I had — it would have been a few months ago now — was with Keith, who is over in Dublin. Welcome Keith to the show, and great to have you here.

Keith, you’re running a fitness studio. Do you remember that conversation that we had, and how that turned? Because I think that all big breakthroughs start with a powerful conversation. I just really loved how we connected and what happened to you.

I want to share with guys your story around your transformation, taking your studio and literally transforming your business and also parts of your life that have now changed and how far you’ve grown. But really it started with that conversation.

Where were you prior to that conversation, directly before it?

Keith O’Neill: I do remember that conversation. I remember it very well, actually. What I had done previously, actually a friend of mine had caught me on to your webinar. I watched that video of you speaking. Straight away, we had connected through that webinar.

At the end of that, there was a call to action for me to fill out a bit of information and request a call back from yourself. I didn’t actually hesitate with that. I filled out my information straight away.

I can’t remember how long, but it was quite quick, we had arranged to make that call. I had been on the phone with you for I’d say a good hour and 15, 20 minutes. You really delved deep into my business, but into me and who I am and what I’m about and where I’m at and all of that.

It really called me out on what I’m doing right now and where I can go with your help. For me, it was a no-brainer that I needed to hook up with yourself and your team and get on to this program with the Fitpreneurs.

Simon: What was going on in your business at that time before the conversation? How was the business going? What were you finding was a struggle for you? What was it that made you want to really reach out? What kind of pain were you in?

Keith: I have to say, the three months previous to our conversation had been pretty low in terms of revenue, in terms of my mindset. I had been in a little bit of a slump beforehand. The three months previous had been pretty bad in terms of clientele. I lost a good few clients. My marketing had dropped. My sales had dropped.

You really came around at the right time for me. I needed helped. I knew I needed help for a while. I needed guidance in order to grow my business to another level. When the opportunity came to sign up with yourself, I grasped it with both hands, because I knew that the next level was only around the corner.

My studio’s been here for five years now. I had systems in place, and I had a decent client base. But I never got on to that next level. I always was on a plateau of a steady pace without ever getting to that next level.

I needed to get someone to, I suppose, keep me accountable, push me, and give me the tools that I needed to take it to that next level. Honestly, I’m at that next level, but now I’m like, OK, I’m at the next level, but how do I get further? I know that with your guidance, I will get to even another level on to that.

Simon: Just to add some value to those watching, what was it that stood out about that conversation that someone could take? It was a part of the conversation that you really didn’t forget. What was really stuck in your mind?

Keith: You know what? I actually remember getting quite upset on the call, again quite emotional, because you asked the questions that needed to be asked of me. In terms of, what’s holding you back? Why aren’t you going to that next level?

It really called me out on my BS and the procrastination that I had been going through in my business. I needed it. You just asked, as I said, all the right questions. I was actually surprised at how emotional the call was. I thought it was just going to be, I get on the phone with. We chat about business, and that would be it. I didn’t expect it to be so in depth.

You know what? It was very much needed, and through that, I’ve massively grown, personally and business-wise.

Simon: One of the things I remember we talked about was why you’re in the industry. What’s your driver? I think that that was the reason why you had gotten emotional, because you really tapped into why you’re doing this. Do you want to share with people a little bit around why?

Keith: Yeah, absolutely. The reason why I do what I do is because when I was growing up, from my memories, my mother was always overweight. She never looked after herself. She looked after the family really, really well. Everybody was looked after. Me, my siblings, my father were always looked after. She was never looked after.

My mother was, as I said, overweight. She also used alcohol as an escape. She passed away at a very young age of only 52. I was 21 at the time when she passed away. That hit me really, really hard.

What I wanted to do is I wanted to help mothers out there that are in the position that my mother was in, and let them know that you don’t have to be in that position. You can be happy. You can live a healthier, happier life with my help.

I knew if I was able to just reach out to these people and get them to sit down with me and have that conversation that I would be able to help as many mothers as I could, so they wouldn’t have to go through what I went through my mother.

Simon: You’re in this position where we found out what your driver was. That’s what really brought up some emotion for you. At the same time now, because you’ve got this desire to help people, you’re not where you want to be, which can be really frustrating.

Let’s talk about the shift and where you shifted from to where you are now. What was the business at financially? How many leads were you getting? What were sales like? To where you are now. Share with people the difference between that call and what’s happened since, because it’s really been remarkable.

Keith: It has been remarkable, absolutely.

Simon: And the time frame, too.

Keith: And the time frame, yeah. In my first month with you, I had leads coming left, right, and centre. My inbox was just on fire.

I had gone through the whole sales mastery program, and learned all about Facebook ads. I learned how to conducts a transformation session by getting someone in, sitting them down, and converting them into clients.

Now before I had started with Fitpreneurs I was maybe getting…I think the most I had ever signed up in a month was maybe eight in any one month. In my first month with Fitpreneurs, I had signed up 28.

I have to pinch myself as the month was going on, that I was converting and converting and converting. I just couldn’t believe how well the systems were working. I knew they were going to work, but I didn’t know that they were going to work to that level. It was incredible.

That was just in my first month. In my three months that I had been with Fitpreneurs, my income has doubled. I’m nearly at maximum capacity here in my studio. Where now I’m looking at maybe opening up a second studio to help more people out.

It was always a dream for me to maybe, maybe have maximum capacity in this studio. But I never knew it was going to happen as quickly as it did.

Simon: How’s that make you feel, helping more people? Because now because of that, there’s tons more people that you’re helping, and you’re now connected with your mission again, and why you’re doing this, and helping people at the same time.

How has that helped you as a person become happier? What’s the impact on your personally, not on the business?

Keith: Me personally, it’s incredible, absolutely incredible. I’ve got people coming up to me, my clients and all, saying in the last few months you have changed totally. You’re much more…I suppose it’s like I’m much more free.

I’ve got a weight off my shoulders. My enthusiasm and my hunger to help people has grown exponentially. It really has. When I have my clients saying to me that you’ve changed, it makes me feel amazingly good that I have grown that much in such a short space in time.

It also makes me a little bit worried that I had gone into a slump and that my clients had noticed. It has made me aware that going forward, I have to be on my toes, because my clients will know. When I’m not honest, they will see it.

It will generate to them and training and their work outs and their mindset. my mindset has totally, totally in these past three months.

Simon: I don’t want to put words into your mouth, but what was it like before? Did you have anxiety? Was there stress? What were you going through prior to that?

Keith: I was in a massive slump. Like I said, my previous three months before Fitpreneurs my revenue was slowly declining. My marketing was dropping. I was in slump, big time. I remember just saying to myself, why am I still here? Why am I still doing this? I never thought I’d be like that.

The stress of running studio got to me, where I felt the pressure of trying to help these clients out, but also try to grow my business, and I was doing everything myself. I was the businessman, I was the accountant, I was the secretary, I was the personal assistant. I was doing most of the hours in the studio.

One of the first things that I did when I joined Fitpreneurs was I took on an assistant. I remember that was one of the first things you said to me was, “You need an assistant.” You asked me why I don’t have an assistant. I said, “I couldn’t afford an assistant.” You said, “You can’t afford not to have an assistant.” That will long stick with me.

It’s so totally true, because now I’m giving off jobs that I don’t need to do to my assistant for her to do. Now I’ve since taken on three trainers as well, since joining Fitpreneurs. I’m not doing as much training. I’m able to grow my business more and give my clients more, because I have more time to give more attention to them.

Simon: Let’s just talk briefly about the coaching and what part of Fitpreneurs is really important to you. Talk about the coaching with your coach and the community and all of that. For you, what has been the most important part of all it? Because not all programs are equal, so I want to let people know what you found most useful for you.

Keith: When you join Fitpreneurs you get a call with your coach bi-weekly. Every second week, you’re on a call with your coach for an hour. It could be more, it could be less. They don’t really put a time frame on it, which is great.

What they do is they get on the call with you, and the discuss what needs to be discussed at that time. If it takes a half an hour, it takes an hour, they will give that allotted time to you. You never feel rushed on the call, which is great.

You know what? They delve so deep into what needs to be done with you at that time. They keep you accountable, because they give you things to do. Then they’ll touch base with you through Messenger, and ask you, “How are you getting on? Is there anything you need? Just touch base with me if you do.”

That’s brilliant, because you know then that you’ve always got someone there that just only a message away from helping you out. The other thing is the Fitpreneurs private group, the VIP group. There’s, I don’t know, maybe 20 guys in there, maybe more. I don’t know how many is in there.

Simon: I think there’s 70, now.

Keith: 70, OK. I’m not even close. 70 in the group, and there is so much encouragement in that group Because I found that I helped people in that group by posting about what’s worked for me.

I remember I posted a video, my very first video that I recorded. I posted that in the group, and I think that helped massively with other people. Then I posted about how a particular ad worked for me on Facebook to generate sales.

It didn’t just help me then by posting it. It helped three or four other Fitpreneurs, which was brilliant to know, that I was able to help other people out. Then in return, other people had posted about how they had a particular ad or a particular sales or marketing tool that worked for them that I have used.

That crew, that community is incredible. It really does help you grow your business and know that you’re all in it together.

Simon: Your story is incredible. I just want to commend you. I know we need to wrap up, but would you ever be expected that you would be going to Bali in like a week? Because you’ve dived in now into the Platinum Mastermind, which is the highest level.

Let’s talk about that. What does freedom mean to you? How important is it for you to go to Bali, and also be able to take a break?

Keith: Freedom, first and foremost, means a lot to me, because before I was, I suppose, a slave to business. I was doing all of the work, all of the hours. I just felt like there was so much pressure on me to make this work. I never seen how I was going to be able to get away and the business to be still running smoothly.

I remember hearing about Bali. I was always like, I’d love to go on that trip, but is it realistic? I always said to myself, that’s my goal. I’m going to try my utmost to get on that program and get on that trip.

It was literally only three weeks ago that I booked my flights for that trip. I have to say, Sophie, who is one of the coaches, had literally said to me on one of my coaching calls, “Why haven’t you booked it?”

I said, “I don’t know if I can do it.” I was, again, looking for excuses. She said, one of the words, “Burn the boat.” In other words, get on it, do it, and get over there.

You know what? Since I’ve booked it, I’ve nothing but buzzing ever since. I can’t wait to get over there and be rubbing shoulders with like-minded people, and people that are ahead of me with their business and where I want to get to.

Being able to meet yourself in person, can’t wait to meet you in person, and meet your team. Obviously then meet other trainers and grow again even further.

Simon: Why do you think most people don’t just take action and just go for it? Because maybe you did that for a while, and look how much you’ve grown in three months versus the time that you’ve had the business.

What do you think really, honestly stops people going, “I’m going to apply. I’m going to do what you did.” Why you do think most trainers are suffering from when it comes to that?

Keith: I think it’s fear of the unknown, fear of “Will it work? Is my investment going to help me get to where I want to be?” Because for me, the investment in Fitpreneurs, it kind of scared me at the start. I was like, can I afford this? Like you said with the assistant, can I afford not to do this?

Simon: It’s never about the number. It’s what you’re going to generate, right? It’s what the return is.

Can you imagine? Let’s just imagine for one second, I know we need to wrap up. Let’s imagine for one second that you hadn’t made that investment. What do you think would have happened?

Keith: Whoa. I really think I would be either still on the same plateau trend, or worse it would have gone downhill from there. I hate to think where I would be right now if I hadn’t of taken that step. You know what? It was the best move I have made in business, by a long shot.

Simon: That’s the thing, guys. I think for anyone watching this, regardless of what decision you make, it’s about the moves that you make. It’s the key decisions and split-second decisions that create your destiny.

You didn’t only take action and make the investment, Keith, you did the work. That’s the truth. The reason why you are where you are, is because you made the investment, but you also were willing to play full out and do the work and follow the process.

Keith: Absolutely.

Simon: Honest people follow the process and they play full out and short to the course, which you have, they will yield the return.

Keith: Yep, absolutely. For me, you invest in the program. You trust in the process, be patient, work hard, and you will see the benefits.

It’s like with our clients. When a client comes in to us, you expect them to be patient, trust in the process. If they work hard they will get the results they want. It’s the exact same with this program. If you trust in the process, work hard, you will reap the rewards. I have absolutely done so.

Simon: I was going to ask you for some parting advice, but you just gave it, nail on the head. Thank you, Keith. I know that you’ve got to run to serve clients. What are you doing now? Have you got sessions? What are you up to?

Keith: I’m teaching a class now. It’s called Zoo. It’s a body weight program. It’s all primal movements, and really, really good program. I am looking forward to getting it done.

Simon: How should people reach out to you? What’s the name of your location and if you’re on Facebook? How do you people connect to you?

Keith: I’m in Swords County, Dublin in Ireland. My business is Fitness Forte. You can touch base with me on Fitness Forte Facebook or on Instagram.

Simon: Good stuff. Keith, take it easy, have a great day, and thanks for sharing your story. I know it’s going to motivate a lot of people. Thank you, buddy.

Keith: Thank you, Simon. Thank you.

Simon: All right guys, check out another episode of Kick Ass, Fitpreneurs’ kicking ass over here on facebook.com/Fitpreneurs. Also, iTunes on the podcast. Also, YouTube, Soundcloud. Also, check out Fitpreneurs.com, and take the action that Keith did to apply for the breakthrough core. You just easily find links over on the website.

Or head to Fitpreneurs.com/breakthrough. The call will be with my team or myself if I’m available. I’ll see you guys very soon. Take it easy.

.

Hey Fitpreneur, thanks for watching this video! We’d love for you to learn more about what we are doing at Fitpreneurs to change the industry…

http://www.fitpreneurs.com – The Site
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/facebookgroup – Free Group
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/university – Free Video Series
http://fitpreneurs.com/encyclopedia – The Book
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/testimonials – Client Results
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/coaching – Elite Coaching

download

Secrets Of Next Level Personal Trainers…

We help shift and push you as a business owner so you can be the best possible leader for your clients. Download the ultimate guide.

Download Now

Lorisa’s Kicking Ass $30k in 5 Weeks Online – The Kickass Live Show, Ep.18.

Nutrition Certified? Working in a hospital on 2k per month, Lorisa shares her story of success to help you help change more lives!
http://fitpreneurs.com/annamarshreplay << Lorisa Watched This First!
If you would like to apply for the call head to www.fitpreneurs.com/apply


Simon Lovell: Hey, guys. Welcome to “Fitpreneurs Kicking Ass.” We’ve got a special episode today, and we’re going to start going a lot more of these.

Before we go into my special guest, as always, here on the Kicking Ass show, please do head to facebook.com/fitpreneurs if you want to check out, live, the show.

Also, on iTunes, if you’re listening, hello. Always go to iTunes and give a five-star review. If you are listening on SoundCloud, connect with us there. Also, over on YouTube, as always, we’d love to connect with you whatever channel you are listening in on.

I’m here today, actually, in the brand-new set. If you’re watching this on video, you’ll see that we’re in a different set. Why? Because I’ve moved from La Jolla in San Diego, to the Fitpreneurs’ True Transformation Ranch, which is going to host amazing events.

It’s a really big location. I did a behind the scenes video that you guys can check out. I’m so excited, not just for this location, but the amount of transformations it is going to facilitate, and being able to connect with people in person.

One of those people that I’m going to be connecting with, in person, is the amazing, the beautiful, the courageous, the tons of other words Lorisa Leigh. Welcome to the show.

Lorisa Leigh: Hi, thanks for having me. [laughs]

Simon: You are more than welcome. Welcome to the first Fitpreneurs Kicking Ass shows, over on Kick Ass.

You have a pretty amazing, remarkable story. I was just talking to Lorisa off air, the Livestream that we were doing. I was saying that Lorisa is the fastest moving Fitpreneur in history.

We’re going to talk about the journey of Lorisa and her business during this training and this video, because I really want you guys to be inspired. I really want you to get motivated, wherever you are in your business, because you’ve gone into this industry to hear these words, “You changed my life.”

Lorisa, talk us back to when you first got into the industry, when you were thinking to yourself, “All I want to do is help people.” When did you first get into the industry, and what made you want to go and help people?

Let’s talk about that journey, up until the point when we had our conversation.

Lorisa: I am a registered nurse, and still am, but as of August 10th I’ll be leaving that to work a full-time business now, thanks to Simon and the amazing program that he’s created.

I’ve been a nurse for about nine years, and about three years ago was when I really got serious in learning about other aspects of health and taking diet and nutrition, to incorporate that and help people get healthier.

I worked in critical care, so I would see a lot of interesting things and horrible things happen to people all the time. I would simply think, “Oh my goodness, these people don’t have to get to this point. There’s a better way to do this.”

Ultimately, three years ago, that got my wheels spinning to thinking how else can I help people in a greater way, and actually prevent them from getting to that point.

Along that same time, I ended up coming down with my own illness, and had a rare form of cancer growing in my left knee, which was crazy. I was only 27 at the time, which scared me so much. That’s really what catapulted me into learning other aspects of health, and then wanting, also, to help other people.

Two years ago was when I actually dived into starting my business, and getting it up and running, but it never quite got to the status that I really wanted. Of course, it takes time to build a business, but since being with Simon it’s definitely catapulted within a month, which is crazy to me, anxiety-driving, and exciting at the same time. [laughs] That’s what brought me here.

Simon: I want to be very transparent on this training, because when you came to Fitpreneurs, unlike some people, you already had a following. Talk about how you built that up, how long it took you.

You’d spent so much time building this up, but you also had a lot of frustration with that, because you didn’t have monetization. You didn’t have a business model to implement. How did you build that up? What happened in the period of time prior to us connecting?

Lorisa: Like I said, I had set up my business almost two years ago now. When I first started, I entered into a business coaching program, similar to this one, but it wasn’t specific for health professionals, or personal trainers. That helped me get a little bit of a base, but it didn’t really catapult me to the success I’m having now.

Over the time I’ve started from scratch. I started it with building a blog and being afraid to post my blog posts on my personal page, because I was like, “Oh my gosh, I don’t want people to see this. They’re going to judge me. What are they going to say?”

I had to bust through that fear and be like, “You know what, I don’t care. I’m just going to post it anyway, because ultimately I want to my business to grow more than I’m afraid of what people think.”

I started posting that. I didn’t get much response on them. Ultimately, that’s what happens when you first start out. People are trying to see, and trying to feel you. When they’re used to seeing you in a particular role, and then you’re switching that, they’re like, “What is she doing now?”

Even though I didn’t get a lot of responses at first, I still continued to build the community. After blog posting, I kind of tired of doing blog posts. I was like, “You know what? I like to do videos, so let me try doing videos.”

About a year into building my business I started doing Facebook Live. [laughs] Of course, the first time I ever did Facebook Live that was super scary, as well, just like everything’s going to be scary when you first do it, in the beginning. I wasn’t doing them really consistently. I was doing them every now and then, but I wasn’t really being consistent with that.

I want to say in March of this year is when I decided, “You know what? I’ve kind of been fiddling around. I need to really get serious, treat this like a business, and I need to show up consistently with great value every single day so that people know that, you know what? You’re going to listen to me, and you’re going to hear what I have to say, and I’m not going away.

“Until you start listening to me, I’m not going to stop. Even when you do start listening to me, I’m still not going to stop.” [laughs]

Since March I’ve been doing my live videos every morning, consistently, around the same time, called the “Morning Juice,” sharing pretty much all the information that I know.

At first, sharing all that information on video I felt like I was sharing everything and, “Oh my gosh, why would people want to work with me if I’m sharing all this information?” but what I’m learning is that people are grateful for the information.

They’re getting results from that free information, and when they get results from that free information, it ultimately makes them think, “Oh my gosh, if I get results from this free information, what is she going to give me when I actually go through her program and pay for it?”

Building the tribe happened with me being consistent, giving great value, and not caring what people would think. [laughs]

Simon: And being yourself.

Lorisa: And being myself, yes, as well.

Simon: You’re doing this outside of work hours. What’s going through your mind while you’re at work?

Lorisa: “Oh my gosh, I don’t want to be here.” [laughs] “Why do I have to be here? I’d rather be doing something else.” It’s a drain when you’re going to a place that doesn’t necessarily align with, ultimately, what you want to do.

I had to refocus my thoughts, and thinking, “OK, well, this is helping me build my dream, but at the same time, I really don’t want to be here,” because it’s a kind of a waste of my time because it’s not what I want to do. [laughs]

Simon: You’ve built this following. You’re getting thousands of views. Some videos are popping. Some videos aren’t. People are interacting, and all of that’s great.

That’s making you feel good, but at the same time you’re doing and you’re working in this job, where you’re helping people, but you really don’t want to be there. You want to start serving on a much bigger level.

When came that tipping point where you were like, “Enough is enough. I’ve got to make a change”? What was the trigger?

Lorisa: Got to make a change for leaving my job?

Simon: To move forward in a different way.

Lorisa: I was like, “You know what? I have all of these followers. I have 50,000 followers, and I have to find a way to monetize this. I have to. I’m not going just do…” I had to say wasting my time “…but sharing all this information just for nothing. It’s great that it’s helping people, and I ultimately want to do that, but I also want to help myself, too.”

It was pretty much like, “You know what? It’s now or never. I have to do this. If I want this to be something that I ultimately want to do for the rest of my life, or the here and now, I have to do this. I have to. There’s no other option.” [laughs]

Simon: Do you mind sharing what you were generating at the time, in terms of revenue, to what shifted? I want to talk about what changed and what some of your goals were.

What were you making at the time, and then let’s talk about the breakthrough moment when we had the conversation, and then what happened, so that people really understand the steps.

Because when we talk about the numbers that you’ve generated, and now the amount of people that you’re helping, and you’re changing lives, and you’re quitting this job, and all of that, that’s going to sound great to some people, but they really need to understand how did that happen.

Lorisa: I want to say last month I was making two grand in my business, and that was simply through detox products that I created, since I specialize in plant-based nutrition and detoxing. The month before that I made $500, and that was simply from coaching one one-on-one client and a few other detox products that I had sold.

What really struck a nerve with me was when I saw Anna’s story and I heard that she had been two years in her business, and that she was consistently making money, and helping people, and doing what she had to do.

I was sitting here thinking, “I don’t want to be a person who has all these followers and I can’t monetize that. What’s the point of having just followers? There’s no point in that.”

I hopped on a call with you, and we discussed what some of my goals were, what I foresaw, where we’re struggling. In my mind, I wanted to do it, but at the same time I was so afraid to do it. [laughs]

Simon: Because you’d been in something previously that didn’t give you the results, right?

Lorisa: Exactly, I had gone through two business programs before. One was pretty good. The other one was OK, and it didn’t really give me anything that I was looking for, so I was afraid to invest again, but I kept on holding to Anna’s story, like, “Oh my gosh, if she did it, I can do it, too.” [laughs]

Simon: Let’s talk about the breakthrough moment. When did everything shift for you, and what was different? What was different for you? Let’s talk about Val, Sophie, all of those things, Anna. What was the process after?

You’ve just invested, and now it’s scary because you’re like, “I don’t know what’s going to happen.” Little do you know that five weeks later…

Let’s talk about the transformation. When did you suddenly relax and go, “This is going to be OK?”

Lorisa: [laughs] To be honest, a few days ago. When I talked to Sophie, she broke it down for me. We went through the amount of time that I was spending at work, the amount of money I was getting paid to do that for something that I didn’t even want to do, and that was ultimately taking me away from something that I wanted to do, and then she compared that to how much income I generated in an hour of doing what I absolutely love.

That couldn’t compare, because what I made in a week I could generate in an hour. It was like, “Hm.” That really put my mind into perspective.

Simon: What was that first sale that you made? Do you remember posting that in the group?

Lorisa: It was $1,994.

Simon: How did you feel when you did that?

Lorisa: I was like “Oh my gosh, people are going to actually pay this much to do this?” [laughs] I was like, “Wow.”

Simon: Let’s talk about what happened in the five weeks. Let’s talk about the income generated, the amount of people that you’re now helping, the shift, all of the things that have happened now, and how you feel.

I know it’s still scary, because you’re coming to deal with a lot of financial changes now. Talk about that and what has it enabled you to do.

Lorisa: Over the past five weeks or so, ultimately what I’ve learned is that you can’t really put a price on changing people’s life, because you’re there to maybe help them with their health, their weight loss, their energy, but that flows over into other areas of life that can change it and shift it in so many different ways for the better.

I, ultimately, had to understand my value in that and the value that I’m offering. Once I was able to understand that, it was easier for me to hop on a call with people and be like, “All right, well, this is the price, and this is what it is,” and not feel bad about that. That is probably the biggest shift for me that has happened with that.

Simon: What have you generated in five weeks in sales, and then also the number which is really important, which is cash collected?

Lorisa: [laughs] I’ve generated — I have it written down — $30,730 in sales this month so far, and then the cash that I have is $17,067.

Simon: How does that make you feel? Also, what have you been able to do now, because you’re able to now quite your job, right?

Lorisa: I’m able to have freedom. I feel like now that I’m able to leave my job, I’m able to focus on other areas of my business, like I have a Facebook group that I wasn’t really nurturing, because I didn’t feel like I had the time, because I was focusing all my time on doing the live videos and working. [laughs]

I feel like I also have the time now to do a lot more stuff on my business page to help bring in more people. I have a lot more time to tweak my website, tweak all these things that can help my business grow even more, as opposed to splitting me energy on work and my business.

Simon: Let’s talk about the coaching side of things with Val, Sophie, Anna, the program. What’s been different for you? Is it the structure? On your end, what’s been different for you?

Lorisa: Absolutely, the structure. There is an unlimited amount of support. There’s three weekly group coaching calls that you can hop on. [laughs]

You also get one-on-one support. The first call with Val helps ease you into the process, because we’re all afraid, like, “Oh my gosh, what did I just do?” She lays out the framework, let’s you know what you need to expect, and lets us know that, “You know what? We are here for you. Whatever you need, we’re here to help.”

Then with Sophie, she shifts my mind so much. Every time I talk to her she blows it out of the water. I really, really like that it’s a group, but also it has the one-on-one support, as well, and a lot of one-on-one support. Because even you, you’ll check in through Facebook Message, as well, which is great.

Simon: What is your vision now for the next year, in terms of what you want to do and, more importantly, the people that you are helping? Because this revenue’s great, and it’s giving you freedom to be able to have the life that you want, where you’re able to now focus 100 percent on this.

By the way, this is 100 percent online with just nutrition, right?

Lorisa: Right.

Simon: Also, you cover mindset, too. What are you looking forward to now with what you’re able to do with this company?

Lorisa: Definitely, touching more women. That is my ultimate goal. I had, probably, 10 goals written down on a huge goal board that I made in the beginning of the year.

On that goal board was, “I want to inspire women all over the world to live their healthiest life and work on my health coaching business full-time.” That was my goal in the beginning of the year. I didn’t know absolutely how that was going to happen, because at the time it didn’t look like, anything around me, like that was going to happen at all.

Now women who are not in the United States are watching my videos. I’m like, “Wow, that’s crazy. That’s what I wanted. That’s what I’m able to do now, inspire more people.” People who are in my program, not everybody is in the United States, either, which is crazy.

Now I have freedom. I have created freedom for myself and, ultimately, also freedom for the women that I’m helping.

Simon: What would be some tips for you for someone who’s just starting out that has the qualifications, they have the drive that you had, that doesn’t have a following? Then for the people who do have a following that don’t have a business model in place, what would you say, because you’re in both of these scenarios, or you have been?

Lorisa: For those of you who don’t have a following, be consistent. Don’t stop. People see you. Even though they may not comment or like your stuff, they see you.

Show people that you have value to give. Give everything you have. Show them that you’re going to be there for them, even when it’s for free, because when you’re giving all that information for free, it shows that you’re really dedicated.

Don’t let the time it takes deter you from staying consistent, because if you keep doing it, ultimately, you’re going to win in the end.

[laughs] For those who do have a following, I would definitely say align yourself with somebody who knows how the game works, because you’re not trained in that. You’re trained in nutrition, you’re trained in personal training, but you’re not necessarily trained in how to build a business.

Definitely get in a good program that’s going to give you some great supports and some great systems to help push you along the way and have a great track record.

Simon: What do you think are some of the dangers of trying to figure it out on your own, looking at so many people that try and do that? They’ve got so much of a following, and they’re getting lots of like, and they’ve got big Instagram, but there’s nothing on the backend.

The conversation we had, remember, was about sales. You were scared of that. How’s that shifted now for you?

Lorisa: Definitely, I feel like I’m a lot better, for sure. Obviously, I’m not perfect, but clearly, I’m making some great numbers here. [laughs]

I’m getting more comfortable around that, and understanding the process. Also, ultimately, I feel like the thing with sales, it comes down to understanding what I’m offering is valuable. When I understood that, sales became a lot easier.

Also, when you’re going into a call, too, Sophie says this, it’s not about making the sale, but serving the person that’s on the call and helping them understand what they’re struggling with, what their goals are. Ultimately, if the program works for them or not, that’s OK, you’re there to serve. That’s helped.

Simon: What revenue did you really think that you would generate in five weeks, versus what you’ve generated now? What was your expectation, even coming into the program? What did you think? What would you have been happy with after five weeks?

Lorisa: I would have been happy with five grand. I didn’t necessarily think that was going to happen, but I would have been happy with five grand, for sure.

Simon: I don’t think, even, the month’s out yet. I think we’ve got a day left, have we?

Lorisa: [laughs] This is the last day.

Simon: I’m looking forward to meeting you and connecting with you in person in San Diego at the ranch,

Lorisa: Definitely.

Simon: That’s another thing, too. Let’s talk about, briefly, around how important the community is, because Fitpreneurs and the people that you’ve connected with, it’s such a great energy. Sometimes it can be very lonely to try and do stuff on your own, especially online when you’re behind a computer all the time.

How have you found those calls and the people that you’ve connected with?

Lorisa: Everybody’s really supportive in the group. Your wins are their wins. It’s also awesome to see their wins, as well, because it helps to motivate you.

Also, a few of us have gone off and created our own group chat, so holding each other accountable to staying productive and doing the tasks that we hold ourselves accountable to each and every day. I love that.

Also, the live events that you have, that’s awesome, too.

Simon: What do you love most about your program? What may be do some tips for other people in developing their own program and how to get results with people?

What have you noticed for the ladies that you’ve been helping? Because, like we teach, too, not everyone’s a fit for your program, but for [inaudible 21:38] that do come in, the people have to be the right fit for your program.

Lorisa: What I like is that they are so motivated and so ready to go. Even before we’ve started, they’re like, “Oh my gosh, I can’t wait.” “Oh my gosh, I can’t wait. It can’t come soon enough.”

Definitely, the motivation that I see that they have is definitely getting me excited and pumping me up, as well.

Simon: The story is so inspirational and motivational. Not just for the people that you’re helping in your programs, but also the other Fitpreneurs and lots of people out there who have invested so much in themselves with their skills.

It’s like, “I’ve invested so much of my time and energy to want to help people, but I’m still not monetizing that and maximizing that.” It’s really time for people to realize that when you have the right system, when you have the right support, and you have that drive, everything can finally click.

It’s not that the process is going to be easy, because [inaudible 22:37] work really hard, right?

Lorisa: Absolutely.

Simon: You’ve had to get out of your job, and then get on to calls. Let’s finish up with a very honest conversation around is it easy, is it difficult, what have you got to go through? You’re going to go through whirlwinds. Are you going to be crying some days?

Talk about five weeks of the emotions that you’ve gone through.

Lorisa: In one day, I can go from being super excited, to the next hour feeling super anxious, and feeling sad, and feeling happy again. [laughs] Every [inaudible 23:05] emotion is felt within one day over the past five weeks.

It’s calmed down a lot as I’ve gotten more confident in the process, and my mindset has shifted, and me understanding the value that I’m providing. Definitely, ups and downs, highs and lows like crazy.

No, it’s not going to be easy, but if you’re dedicated and if this is something that you ultimately truly want to do, you will stop at nothing. [laughs] Definitely hard work, definitely takes your time, but it’s worth it.

It’s all worth it, because you’re building something for yourself and helping other people in the end.

Simon: That’s exactly what your clients are going through when they come into your program.

Lorisa: [laughs] I guess they are…

[crosstalk]

Simon: It’s the same for everyone. People think that they’re not going to go through an emotional rollercoaster.

If you’re not progressing and you’re not pushing hard, then things will be static and you’ll be feeling normal, but you’ve shifted, and you’ve grown. You’re now making more revenue, and you’re helping more people. You’re like, “Well, I’ve got to deliver to these people.”

It’s called being a Fitpreneur, and it called growing an amazing business. I’m so glad that we’re going to be supporting you throughout this journey.

Lorisa: I’m excited.

Simon: It’s a fantastic story. Guys, if you want to get similar results to Lorisa, then click the link below, apply for your breakthrough call, and also check out the webinar with Anna.

Let’s finish up about that webinar, too. What was the big aha moment from that webinar? Was it the travel? Was it the revenue that she was making?

Lorisa: I saw myself in Anna, because she had been doing her business for two years, and I was almost hitting the two-year mark. She’s over here making all this money, and she has a good following, but my following was bigger than hers.

I’m like, “Oh my gosh, what am I doing wrong here? [laughs] There absolutely has to be something that I’m missing. “I was like, “Yo, if she can get these results, if you can help her get these results, then you can definitely help me get these results,” because I felt like I was totally her.

Simon: What are you doing to do now with the revenue that you’re making? Are you going to be looking to travel? Are you going to be looking to get a new home? Are you going to reinvest it in the business? What do you want to do with the revenue that you’ve made?

Lorisa: We just recently moved, so I won’t be doing that. I’ll probably be reinvesting back into the business. I also do options trading, so I’ll probably invest in that.

My husband also just put his resignation letter in a week ago, so we’re going to go to Cancun in October to celebrate.

Simon: Woo-hoo, good stuff.

Lorisa: Woo-hoo.

Simon: That’s something that I’m definitely going to say, which is, guys, if you’re watching this and you’re working hard, you’ve got to reward yourself, too. You’ve got to fill yourself back up, because when you’re of service to others, and you’re constantly helping people…

If you’re jumping on a call, Lorisa, which is what you’re doing, you’re serving those people. You’re having a conversation, which is sometimes very emotional.

It’s very important that you guys practice self-care. That’s something that we really do at Fitpreneurs, which you’ve heard, Lorisa. Self-care is a big part of this program.

Lorisa: Yes, it is.

Simon: Which is really important because you’ve got to take care of yourselves, guys, you can be making a lot of money, but if you’re not taking care of yourself, too, then you’re going to end up getting burned out. You’ve got to take care.

Check out the link in the comments, or somewhere on this page there’ll be a link for the breakthrough call. Sometimes it’s not an easy conversation which you will have with myself or the team, but it is a conversation which will create a breakthrough.

Remember, you guys are here to change more lives, and we’re plugging in a business model and the support, which pushes you outside of your comfort zone. I personally assure you that Lorisa’s been stretched by Sophie, who’s her coach, and Val, and the rest of the team.

What are some of the things that she’s stretched you on, anything?

Lorisa: Like I said before, understanding the value, because I was having a lot of anxiety around charging people what I was charging, and then helping them get results. She made me realize that, really, my job is to show up with everything that I have every day for these people, for my clients, and in that I can’t fail. There’s no failing in that.

Ultimately, the people who come into your programs, it’s going to be up to them to get the results. You’re just guiding them and, again, understanding that if you show up, like you’re supposed to show up, everything is going to be just fine, and they’re going to get a ton of value. [laughs]

Simon: Lorisa, thank you so much. looking forward to seeing you here, and Buddha will say hi with his [inaudible 27:39] , here in San Diego.

Hang on a second. Guys, I will see you on another episode of Kick Ass with more Fitpreneurs kicking ass. I’ll see you very soon. Take it easy.

Hey Fitpreneur, thanks for watching this video! We’d love for you to learn more about what we are doing at Fitpreneurs to change the industry…

http://www.fitpreneurs.com – The Site
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/facebookgroup – Free Group
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/university – Free Video Series
http://fitpreneurs.com/encyclopedia – The Book
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/testimonials – Client Results
http://www.fitpreneurs.com/coaching – Elite Coaching

download

Secrets Of Next Level Personal Trainers…

We help shift and push you as a business owner so you can be the best possible leader for your clients. Download the ultimate guide.

Download Now

Sharp Swiss Brother & Sister Team Score From $8k To $50k Per Month

David Gil and Noelia had a successful local PT business in Basel, Switzerland, but after 4 years they decided it wasn’t enough. Here’s how David and his sister Noelia harnessed the strengths of their unique partnership… and got global recognition.

“My sister and I had been working with local women for nearly five years,” explained David, “but we always knew we could be doing a lot more. We were doing one-on-one training, plus networking. There was never any problem with leads, and business was fine. But we weren’t doing any specific marketing. Were we letting the business down by not trying harder?”

When A Basic Business Model Stops You Growing

David and Noelia started wondering how different life would be if they learned about marketing, advertising, and branding for this specific industry niche.

“We always knew we had a strong brand,” he said. “I’m a former pro soccer player, and Noelia has a professional ballet background. And of course we are brother and sister, which gives us a strong USP. But the problem was, we didn’t know how to make the most of our brand and get the message out beyond our local area.”

If Your Business Isn’t Scalable, The Brakes Are On

“We realised that we couldn’t go on like this forever, without any systems to scale our business,” said David. “We had big ideas for Eerion – franchises, opening new facilities, perhaps even abroad. But we couldn’t squeeze anything more out of the current business model.”

David and Noelia had good business knowledge, but nothing that was specific to the fitness industry. He realised that’s what they needed: a business mentor with deep knowledge of the fitness world.

“This industry is very specific and has its own dynamic force,” he said. “You need to understand how it really works. Applying basic business knowledge from another industry isn’t enough. We needed to learn more, then combine it with what we already knew, to create a winning formula.”

David discovered Fitpreneurs when he started looking outside Switzerland for international fitness industry mentors.

“I knew what I wanted in a mentor,” said David. “Someone who had found a way to be successful in what we were trying to do, had systemised success, and had a real understanding of the fitness industry. We needed to see evidence of a solid track record in fitness.”

David and Noelia spent weeks networking, making connections, and looking at clues to other people’s success. Their breakthrough call with me happened in December.

“Something happened on that call,” said David. “Simon got right to the heart of our business, and showed a true interest in what we wanted to achieve. He gave me several action points, which helped me instantly. Even with us being out here in Switzerland, I never felt removed from him. I knew investing in Fitpro Mastery was right for us.”

Eerion Business Growth As It Happened

The Eerion duo started Fitpro Mastery in November, and quickly rolled out their high ticket package with the tools and systems they’d learned.

“One specific shift that helped us increase revenue very quickly was shifting from 1-2-1 to semi private arrangements,” David said. “The potential is huge. We started implementing this after our second conversation with Simon.  And now we have it systemised, so it’s there generating revenue and we have more freedom to develop the business. We no longer have to be in the business every day.”

October 2016 (before Fitpro Mastery) $8000 USD

November 2016 (started Fitpro Mastery) $11,000 USD

December $13,000 USD

January 2017 $20,000 USD

Since February, the pair have made a solid $30,000 USD every month.

And in March they added a sold-out seminar to their earnings, taking their monthly income to nearly $50,000 USD.

UPDATE: Since this article was written, David has now reached $50k. See video below from the Fitpreneurs Platinum Mastermind.

“The best thing about this is that we know it’s made our programmes and seminars scalable,” said David. “Before we started Fitpro Mastery, we had a total lack of systems and it was painfully obvious that this was a barrier to growth. Fitpro Mastery has taught us new systems and helped us leverage what we were already doing. Now, we have a good idea of what works for us, and can implement it.

“Once you have your own systems, you have a formula,” he explained. “Everything with our business is on autopilot now, so we can focus on speaking, education, and learning – higher level things we couldn’t do before.”

Get Out Of Your Bubble

As David discovered, one of the great benefits of industry-specific mentoring is the people you meet.

“Once you get into this environment, you get involved with different people,” he said. “It’s not just about becoming more more business savvy. It’s about growing your entire business world. Since starting Fitpro Mastery, we attend more seminars, have more business connections, and we are creating a peer group of different experts all of whom teach us different things. The Fitpro Mastery programme gave us a global network of fitpros, which is very different to being by ourselves in Switzerland. And it benefits our clients, too, because we can bring them the best of the global fitness industry.”

Sharing experiences on a global level keeps business fresh and exciting for David and Noelia. But that’s not the only benefit for his PT clients. The mindset aspect of our mentoring has enriched his clients’ experiences, too.

“Regular chats with Simon really showed me the importance of mindset for a successful business,” said David. “We swap ideas, and discuss things that would fit well in our own programmes. It has been such a valuable part of the mentoring journey. Some of it even made it into our own high end programme. Coaching will teach you things that you can pass on to your own clients.”

The future is exciting for David and Noelia as they look beyond Switzerland and set their sights on a global business.

“Things look completely different to a year ago,” said David. “Our business is working like a machine, so we can focus our time and energy to reach more people on different levels. There is a lot to do, we really believe the industry need this. So many PTs lack business skills. Good fitness industry mentoring is a must if you want to grow a sustainable business.

“We want to roll our programmes our overseas and have new facilities, and we know it will happen. Our systems are scalable, and we know how to get ourselves seen and heard in new areas. We’ve learned how to make the most of our brand, and we have got lots of credibility through our content. Partners and investors are starting to pay attention, and we have some exciting joint ventures to consider.”

This brother and sister partnership have learned how to leverage their unique background to reach more people and help more clients. Are you ready to do the same? Sign up to your free breakthrough call and we’ll find the USP that can take you further than the competition.

download

Secrets Of Next Level Personal Trainers…

We help shift and push you as a business owner so you can be the best possible leader for your clients. Download the ultimate guide.

Download Now

Single Mom Francine HAD To Make Personal Training A Success – For Her Baby Son

Francine Truscott has been a single Mom from day one of her son’s life. After a long corporate career which had kept her moving all over the globe, she knew she wanted more time with him. She needed to learn how to run her own business – fast.

“I knew that Personal Training would give me the fulfillment and flexibility I wanted,” Francine explained. “But I had no idea how to make a financial success of it. With a new baby in my life, there was no room for failure.”

Francine had actually qualified as a Personal Trainer in 2007 but treated it as a part time hobby for years. After a long and successful career in the corporate world, she made the massive decision to leave her job when her son was born.

“I was 38 years old, and a single Mom to an 11-month old son,” said Francine. “It was time to re-evaluate my priorities and make more time for the important things in life.”

She would be leaving behind a big salary, job security, and the stability of corporate life. But PT was her passion.

“I had recently lost my mother and knew it was time to do something that had true meaning,” said Francine. “Life is too short not to do what you love.”

So Francine took the plunge: leaving the corporate world to train clients full time at a local gym. But it wasn’t long before she realised this would never give her the career satisfaction or freedom she needed.

“After my first day at the gym, I came home and bawled my eyes out,” she said. “It was so stressful. I had no idea if I’d done the right thing. Was I crazy?”

Things didn’t get any better. And after four years, she’d had enough of gym hours, pressure, and politics. She decided to train clients at home but realised it’s not as easy as it seems.

“I couldn’t keep the leads coming in,” she said. “Soon enough, they dried up completely. I felt I had no choice but to go back to the gym.”

She Wasn’t Running Her Business, it Was Running Her!

This wasn’t how Francine had imagined Personal Training would be.

“Things weren’t working out at the gym,” she said. “I was plodding along and not getting where I wanted to be. I knew I would have more time with my son (and probably more money) if I was running my own business. But I didn’t know how to do it.”

Either way, Francine needed to take control of her time and stop living from day to day.

Time to Face the Truth

Francine wasn’t earning her potential because of how she was running her business.

She had been a major success in her corporate career but suddenly felt like a business newbie.

“I hadn’t realised how hard it would be,” she said. “The structure of a corporate business was handed to me on a plate, and now I needed to know everything myself. I was craving time, space, and freedom. But I wasn’t running my business the right way.”

Francine knew she needed expert help.

Our Paths Finally Crossed

One of Francine’s friends had connected us in 2012 when her son was just a baby and we’d stayed in touch on Facebook. But it wasn’t until she struck up a friendship with a graduate of Fitpro Mastery that she realised how Fitpreneurs could work for her, too.

“It’s strange how chance encounters can change the course of your life,” Francine said. “When I was doing one of my PT courses, I met an amazing woman called Anna Marsh. She was doing incredible things with her fitness business. I saw she was part of Fitpreneurs and realised that it was Simon Lovell, the guy I’d connected with a few years ago! Anna’s success spoke volumes. I didn’t need any more convincing. I messaged Simon and applied for Fitpro Mastery.”

Before her Breakthrough Call with us, Francine went for a walk with her partner and told him that she thought she needed a business coach. He agreed and started asking her who she had considered. “I think I’ve already found the right guy,” Francine told him.

Finally Living Her True Potential

As Francine discovered, success in this industry is built on a foundation of mindset. How you view yourself will dictate the kind of clients you attract, how much you can earn, and how long your career will be.

“In my first couple days with Fitpreneurs, I learned to get out of my head and into my heart,” she explained. “I’d spent too long thinking about what clients could afford and letting them dictate to me how they wanted to train. With Simon’s help, I learned to tell them this is how we’re going to train.”

During her time with us, Francine learned how to get past her fears and truly help clients, tapping into her full potential as a trainer.

“Instead of “what should I say?”, I got comfortable with knowing “this is what I should say!”, she said. “I stopped worrying about what I was going to get out of it, and focused on what was in their best interests.”

Before and After

As soon as Francine shifted that focus away from her, and onto the client, her business transformed.

“My breakthrough moment came when my Fitpreneur coach asked me how often I train,” Francine said. “I told her 4-5 times per week. So why was I training my clients once per week and accepting that as enough! I immediately felt confident asking clients to train several times per week to reach their goals.”

Francine stopped selling sessions and started selling the end product. She’s now launched a new system and is actually turning people away.

“I’m giving clients the option of training my way or finding a trainer who will do one session a week,” she said. “I’m being true to myself and delivering a service that I believe will give them real value.”

Before Fitpro Mastery:

>> $2000 AUD a month

>> 1-2-1 sessions

>> selling one session a week per client

After Fitpro Mastery:

>> selling complete transformation packages

>> $7000 AUD in January (a very quiet month in Australia)

>> $8000+ AUD in February

>> Goal now is $10,000 AUD a month as a base line

“Traditional basic PT courses focus is on selling 20 1-2-1 sessions a week,” she said. “Simon taught me to offer clients what they really need. The mindset shift is huge. They are more committed to their training, and I am more committed to them. It gets better results for everyone.

“I never ran this as a real business, and I don’t want to go back there! I’m a serious business owner now. This is how every trainer should feel about their business.”

Paying it Forward

As Francine’s own business gains serious traction in Brisbane, she knows exactly what the future holds.

“I want to be able to pass on what I’ve learned from Fitpreneurs so I can spread the word and help more trainers get more results,” she said. “If I’d known what I know now when I started out, I’d be in a very different position! So I want to bring a couple trainers into my business and get them started on the right foot.”

Francine’s business success has given her the time, freedom, and income she wanted when she left her corporate job for Personal Training. As she sits back with her partner, her young son, and two step-sons, she can relax knowing that she’s on the right track and will be able to keep her business success going.

“It’s a pleasure to be associated with Fitpreneurs,” she said. “It’s the best business decision I’ve made. It got me into the headspace of understanding my clients and showing them I will give them real value. I’ve already made my investment back.”

What are you waiting for? Apply for your Breakthrough Call and talk to one of our coaches.

download

Secrets Of Next Level Personal Trainers…

We help shift and push you as a business owner so you can be the best possible leader for your clients. Download the ultimate guide.

Download Now
USA: 619 314 0814 UK: 020 3287 5145 SKYPE: fitpreneurs